Introduction To Our Policy
Clik Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registration number 3908285. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice outlines the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and includes information on cookies that we use.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice, please contact our Privacy Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0117 902 2012
How We Collect And Use Your Personal Information And Why
We collect information in the following ways:
- anyone who contacts us;
- visitors to our website, www.cliksoftware.com;
- anyone who downloads a demo from our website;
- anyone who submits interest in our new products;
- anyone who makes a purchase through our website;
- anyone who subscribes to our newsletter.
Under data protection legislation, we are only permitted to use your personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so as set out in the data protection legislation. We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data for employment/engagement related purposes:
- Where we need your personal data to enter into a contract with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
The following sections of this notice provide more detail about the personal data that we collect and use and the legal basis that we rely on in each case.
Anyone Who Contacts Us
When you correspond with us by e-mail, telephone, trade shows, fax or letter, you may be asked for certain basic personal information.
Any information that you provide to us when contacting us, including your email address if you have contacted us via email, may be stored and processed for the purposes of record keeping or to respond to any requests made by you in the course your engagement with us. We may also record telephone calls for training purposes.
Our legal basis for using your information for this purpose is for our legitimate interests in order for us to provide high quality and relevant information and services or to support you to have the best possible engagement with Clik Limited.
Anyone Who Downloads A Demo Or Makes A Purchase Through Our Website
We require some personal information when you sign up for a demonstration of our services or purchase our services.
The information you give us may include your company name, name, address, email address telephone number, position at company and relevant billing information. How we use this information is set out in more detail in the ‘How we use your information’ section below.
Our legal basis for using your information for this purpose is contractual necessity to supply and support the services you have purchased and for our legitimate interests to send you information to help you to use the software, to contact you regarding the software and to analyse and develop our services.
Visitors To Our Website
When someone visits www.cliksoftware.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. Information is collected via a cookie (detailed in section 5) to collect standard information about your website use, such as internet logs and details of your visitor behaviour patterns. The reason we use this service is so that we can find out how many people visit the website and the various parts of the website. We do not identify anyone, and we do not make or allow Google Analytics to (or attempt to) identify anyone visiting our website.
Our legal basis for using your information for this purpose is for our legitimate interests as this information helps us to find out how our website is working and how to improve it.
We use two third-party providers for our live chat, one for enquiries of our services (Hubspot Live Chat) and one for technical support of our services (Zendesk Live Chat).
If you use the live chat on our product page we will only collect information you provide and the transcript of the chat; we will always ask for consent in the live chat if you wish us to send you any information on the services you require. Information like your company email, name, company telephone number and the transcript of the chat will be stored on our Hubspot CRM and in-house Clik CRM. The legal basis for processing this is legitimate interest or contractual basis.
If you use the support page in live chat, we will require your name and email in order, if necessary, for us to respond to you after the live chat session, but also to record the correspondence to help us develop and improve the services we provide. The legal basis for this is legitimate interest or contractual basis.
Anyone Who Subscribes To Our Newsletter
When you subscribe to our newsletter we collect your email address. This is used solely for the purpose of providing the newsletter to you. If you wish to stop receiving the newsletter, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Our legal basis for using your information for this purpose is your consent which may be withdrawn at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter or by contacting us.
Anyone Who Subscribes To Our Status Updates
When you subscribe to updates from our status page, we collect your email address in order to send relevant emails to inform you about our service status. If you wish to stop receiving these, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Our legal basis for this is legitimate interest which may be withdrawn at any time by unsubscribing from the status updates or by contacting us.
We Will Also Use Your Data To:
- keep a record of your relationship with us;
- send you information on our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- manage your marketing preferences.
Our legal basis for using your information for this purpose is for our legitimate interests to send you information to help you to use the software, to contact you regarding the software and to analyse and develop our services, and for our legal obligation to record your marketing preferences.
You may opt-out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our marketing emails. You can also change your contact preferences at any time, including telling us to no longer send you marketing by post, by contacting Clik Limited by email email@example.com or phone 01179 022012.
Who We Share Your Data With
Within Clik, for the purposes explained in the How We Collect And Use Your Personal Information And Why section.
With suppliers that support the operation of the business.
We may transfer personal information to countries outside the UK when:
- you request for us to do so;
- we’re required or permitted to by law;
- we’re sharing data with a third party to support us in managing your account and our business;
- when working with our suppliers and/or transferring information to countries outside the UK, we take appropriate steps to ensure that there is adequate protection in place and that data protection legislation is followed.
This could be by:
- ensuring that we transfer information to countries that we believe have comparable data protection legislation to the UK;
- putting suitable clauses in our contracts so that organisations take appropriate steps to comply with UK data protection law.
If you would like more information on this, please contact us.
How Else We May Share Your Information
We will not usually disclose your personal information other than as already explained in this Section 2 above. However, there may be circumstances where we need to share personal information other than as anticipated in Section 2 above. These include:
- where communication is made in a language other than English, we will use third-party translation services to translate the communication or application and all of its content;
- the third party will not use the personal information for any other purpose;
- where we are legally required to disclose the information. This includes sharing the personal information with tax authorities and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime;
- where we need to disclose the personal information for the purpose of or in connection with any legal proceedings, or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or the disclosure is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- disclosure required to protect our interests, or someone else’s interests (for example, to prevent fraud);
- disclosure necessary to protect your vital interests (for example if you are unwell at our premises, we may need to seek medical assistance);
- disclosure to a third party for the purposes of providing administrative or processing services on our behalf. If such disclosure is required we will take steps to ensure that the third party protects the personal information in the same way that we do and notify you of any changes to this privacy notice, and
- to any prospective purchaser of our business assets or organisation.
How We Keep Your Information Safe
We take appropriate precautions to protect your personal data, for example, our online forms are encrypted, and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
If you provide us with your credit card information from our website, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
When you call us, we record calls for training purposes, credit/debit card calls are not recorded. All call recordings are stored behind our firewall in a secure location and deleted after 12 months. We store the recordings for training purposes or potential disputes.
All information under our control is stored on local servers located in the United Kingdom ensuring strict access controls on a need to know basis. Please be aware that some of our third party suppliers set out in section 2 may store data outside of the EEA.
Clik As A Data Processor
Clik processes personal data as a data processor, the way we do that can be defined and described in an agreement between Clik and our customer, the Data Controller and in the description of the services they use. The data about an individual (data subject) that we may process as a Data Processor depends on which of our services are used by the Data Controller; these include Clik Jobs, Text Messaging, Clik Elec Cert, Clik Gas and Clik Cert.
Clik will only process personal data to provide our services to the customer, in accordance with any Data Processing Agreement and only on the customer’s instructions. Upon termination of the agreement or instructions from the customer, we will delete or return the personal data processed under the agreement, unless otherwise required by law. Please see our Data Processing Agreement that is part of our Terms Of Service.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information
You have rights in respect of your personal information and this Section explains a bit more about those rights that are applicable to what we do with your personal information and when you can exercise them. If you would like more information about any of your rights, please contact us on the details set out below.
Where you have consented to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw consent by sending your request in writing to our contact details shown further below.
Accessing Your Personal Information
We want you to fully understand and be comfortable with how we use your personal information. You can contact us at any time to ask whether we process any personal information about you. If we do hold or use your personal information in any way, you have the right to access that personal information. All we ask is that:
- you make your request to access in writing to the contact details below;
- you verify your identity; and
- you are fair and reasonable with how often you make this kind of request.
Please allow us up to one month from receipt of your request in order to provide a response.
Right To Rectification
You have the right to request that we rectify any inaccuracy about you that we may hold, in which case we may ask you to verify the corrected information (for example, we may ask for a recent utility bill for proof of change of address).
Right To Erasure
You have the right to request that we erase your personal information. Please be aware that we can only comply with such a request if:
- your personal information is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for (for example, we need your personal information to respond to a communication);
- the collection, storage or use of the personal information by us is prevented by law;
- your personal information is not required for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim such as in the conduct of legal proceedings.
Right To Restrict Processing
You have the right to request that we restrict or refrain from processing your personal information:
- for the time it takes us to verify the accuracy of your personal information where you have disputed its accuracy;
- where the collection, storage or use of the personal information by us is unlawful but you decide not to ask for erasure;
- where we no longer need your personal information but you need them for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim;
- for the time it takes to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground to continue to process your personal information, where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
Right To Data Portability
You have the right to data portability in respect of information we have collected from you based on consent or for the reason of entering into a contract. If you exercise this right, we will transfer a copy of the information that you have provided to us at your request.
Right To Object
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information:
- where we are using that information based on our legitimate interests, and where we do not have compelling overriding grounds to continue to use your personal information; or
- at any time, where we use your personal information to send you the newsletter or any other type of direct marketing, in which case it will no longer be used for that purpose, but we may use it for another lawful purpose.
Requesting More Information
We hope that you can understand that it is very difficult to cover all the possible ways in which we collect and use personal information. We have tried to be as clear and as open as we can and will continue to update this privacy notice as our use of personal information develops. However, if you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information, we will be happy to give you peace of mind by answering any questions or providing any additional information that we can. If you do have any specific questions or need anything explaining, please get in touch on the contact details below.
You are important to us, and so is protecting your personal information. We have high standards when it comes to collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive from you about our use of your personal information very seriously and request that you bring any issues to our attention.
Where you are communicating with us for the purpose of making a complaint, we will only use your personal information to handle, investigate and respond to the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. Where the complaint is about a member of our team, we may have to disclose your identity to whomever the complaint is about. You may let us know that you don’t want information that identifies you to be disclosed and we will try to respect your request; however, it may not be always possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
If you are unhappy, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s office to make a complaint directly.
We use the following types of cookies:
Type of Cookie
Function And Further Information
|Google Analytics||_ga, _gat, _utma, _utmz|
These are common performance cookies that many websites use. It allows us to collect anonymous information about how you and others use our website and helps us to improve the website
|Online Shop||_landing_page, _orig_referrer, _shopify_fs, _secure_session_id, _shopify_uniq, _shopify_uniq, _shopify_visit, _shopify_y, _shopify_s, _y, _s, secure_customer_sig, cart_sig|
These cookies are used by our online shop platform Shopify. They track visits to the shop and provide key functionality for processing shop orders and collecting payments.
|Online Registration forms(HubSpot)||_hssc, hssrc, hstc, hsfirstvisit, hubspotuk, _ptq.gif|
These cookies are used to help us collect anonymous data related to average time spent on page and what pages have been loaded.
These cookies are managed by Zendesk and allow you to live chat whilst visiting other pages on our website.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
How Long We Keep Your Information For
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship with you and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without notifying you).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
How To Contact Us
By emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phoning us: 0117 902 2012
By writing to us: