Syncing to Clik Jobs
The Clik Service sync to Clik Jobs is an important function that updates the app or desktop software with:
- Modified users and user privileges
- Edited jobs – including anything linked to the job
- New job information from the server – including job links and images
- Clik Jobs audit logs (this is what tells you if the jobs been received or not)
It also checks and synchronises the configuration screen including:
- Customers, addresses, equipment, and contacts
There are multiple ways to sync jobs. Here are a few examples.
Sync From a Job Sheet
On a job, click the ‘Perform Sync’ button. Not only will it sync this job, but it will also sync any other jobs that are ready to be synced to Clik Jobs.
Setting Up Sync Schedules
You can also set up an automatic sync to run a sync in a particular time period. To do this go to Settings > Settings > Modules > Clik Jobs.
Here, tick ‘Enable Scheduling’ and select the time period you want the sync to run.
Also, make sure engineers using Clik Jobs have ‘Sync by Default’ as ‘Yes’ by clicking the ‘Sync by default’ tick box. This ensures that they will get jobs they have been assigned to and all jobs will be automatically synced every 15 mins in this example.
However, it’s not good to run a sync too often e.g every 5 minutes or for each newly raised job, as this can cause problems when your engineers in the field need to download their jobs.