Syncing Engineer Planning With Microsoft 365 Calendars
This article will show you how to sync your engineer schedule across to your Microsoft 365/Office 365 calendar. You’ll be able to select just one engineer or the entire schedule.
Before You Start
First, you must be signed in to your Microsoft 365 account. Please go here to learn how to sign in to your Office 365 account. When this is done, Clik Service will display all the calendars your Microsoft 365 account has access to.
Go into Settings > Settings > Communication > Office 365.
Next, go to the ‘Calendars’ tab and open up the calendar that you wish to put your engineer planning into.
Now we will tick the box to the left of ‘Job Engineer Planning’.
You can now select a number of options on how the export will to your outlook calendar.
- Category: This is a category that is created in Outlook, you can choose that category that tends to have a colour associated with it.
- Reminder: This will set a reminder for the exported items in Outlook. Select ‘Never’ or ‘Always’.
- Mins: Set the minutes for the reminder.
- Filter: This is where you decide if you want all the engineer planning to go into your Outlook diary or you wish a group or a single user to go into your Outlook diary.
- Status: This is the status that will display in Outlook, this can be set to ‘Free (if assigned to me)’, ‘Busy (if assigned to me)’, ‘Out of office (If assigned to me)’ or ‘Tentative (If assigned to me)’.
- Template: You can create your own template in Clik Service to show more detail in the diary entry when it goes over to Outlook.
After selecting your choices, click on ‘Force full export’ to see the engineer planning in your Outlook diary.
You should see something like below in your Outlook calendar: