Setting up SharePoint
This article will show you how to enable SharePoint and connect to your SharePoint folders so you can save documents to SharePoint.
We recommend your IT company help with this setup if you have no understanding of SharePoint.
SharePoint is primarily a document management system from Microsoft. The SharePoint integration will help you store Clik related documents in the cloud.
- You must be following the folders on SharePoint to make them viewable in Clik.
- To enable SharePoint, you must be signed into a shared Microsoft 365 account.
To enable SharePoint for Clik Service, you will need access to ‘Settings’. Go to Settings > Settings.
Next, go to Communication > Office 365 and select ‘SharePoint’.
Now you need to enable ‘Default Documents Folder’, which will create subfolders for jobs, invoices, CRM (Customer Relationship Management) etc. However, you can also use ‘Select File or Folders’ if you have different folders and files you want staff to have access to.
To enable ‘Default Documents Folder’ click on ‘Enable’. You will then be asked to select your default folder.
To enable without default folders being created, choose ‘Enable’ next to ‘Select File or Folder’. You then will need to click ‘Add Folder(s)’ and select the folders you need. Click ‘OK ‘to confirm.
Now there are some options you can choose:
- Drag and Drop – allows you to just drag and drop to these folders.
- Clik Remote users will save files in this location – your remote staff will always save to the default location when opening documents you have given them access to from your SharePoint.
- Clik Job users will save files to this location – your Clik Job users will always save to the default location when opening documents, you have given them access to from your SharePoint.
To make sure users don’t save in the incorrect place, you can hide the original store database, link Folders and link files options by selecting the ‘Hide Legacy’ option.
That’s it, you have set up the Clik Service SharePoint integration. To check, go to the CRM, select a customer and go to ‘Documents’.